SRS Team Championship – Week 3 Report
Welcome back to the weekly report of the SRS Team Championship powered by 4Fun Sim Racing Team! We just reached the turning point of the season, and it’s time for some provisional toll and considerations on what happened so far, from team to team and following the week’s rankings. So, let’s get the party started!
1. The headlines go to the guys of Drive to Survive, that got the team first place for the week, even before the TPC aliens! After a good week start the DtS racers confirmed their astounding improvements, and were able to get on top with 99 pts., also reaching the second overall place in the General Standings. A superb performance for the whole team, in which anyone got the job done at his best: 101 pts. for Maurice Klerken; 100,33 pts. for Martin Faber and 96,5 pts. for Amitesh Rao. And now for the questions: after this brilliant result will they run for Silver or aim for Gold?
2. The TradePriceCars guys sliiiiightly lift their foot from the throttle and left their supremacy, at least on this week’s results, but are still firmly holding the top of the podium on the General Standings. After two weeks of intense fights David Iglesias (107,9 pts.) was finally able to get his revenge on his teammate Simon Speth (99,5 pts. for him), also getting the MVP of the Week title one win and one hotlap after another. Meanwhile Michael Martin is in search for the missing in action Sergio Mendez… Is he maybe already on his way to South Africa?
3. The 4Fun Sim Racing guys regrouped, and although they had quite “normal” performances – apart from Matteo Venuti’s win on his first race – they were also consistent throughout the week, climbing the lowest step of the podium and confirming their overall fourth place in the General Standings. However, the 4Fun guys apparently didn’t show their full potential so far. Will Kyalami be the right place at the right time for something more?
4. Despite their performance improvement in comparison with the previous week, the GentDrivers team drops his second overall place, also due to a lack of wins in Most. The highlight of the week for the team goes to a solid Lars Mars (98 pts.), that could grab two second places out of two tries.
5. A thrilling and emotional week between overtakes and unlucky intestine incidents was on stage for the Team Havoline! On his home track Michal Janak (97,83 pts.) had another brilliant week, getting also a win and a stand in the hotlaps rankings. Michal is among the top racers of the Championship so far, now it’s time for Juan Alberdi and Eduardo Odriozola to make a leap forward and give a boost to the team, standing on the sixth overall place but separated only by 6 points from the IRT team. Let’s go, guys!
6. And, after three weeks, there’s a win for the PleasePushMe Simracing team! Pardon me, not a win, but two wins! Thanks to a greatly inspired and two-times winner Nicolò Bachetti (88 pts.) the team got 76 pts., 6 more than in the previous week. A great improvement, we’ll see if the PPM guys will be able to do even better!
7. After an all night long party flavored with Premium Scotch Whisky bottles in celebration of the past week results, the Italia Racing Team guys had to struggle to get remarkable results in Most, and their troubled week, ended in the last place, also resulted in a loss of two places in the General Standings. Time to sit back on the driver’s seat and start the engines, guys, Kyalami is waiting!
|1||Drive To Survive||99|
|3||4Fun Sim Racing||90|
|7||Italia Racing Team||75|
|2||Drive To Survive||74||86||99||2||259|
|4||4Fun Sim Racing||78||85||90||1||253|
|5||Italia Racing Team||73||91||75||0,33||239|