SRS Team Championship – Week 4 Report
The fourth round of the the SRS Team Championship powered by 4Fun Sim Racing Team goes to the archives, so it’s time to take a look at the weekly and overall standings and to see what happened in the fast but challenging track of Kyalami before the teams are taking the airplane to Okayama. As for the past recap, we’ll follow the weekly ranking to analyze the team performances, so let’s start!
1. After a week of relax at 230 km/h, the TradePriceCars guys reached once again their top speed and uphold their first overall place with another week of brilliant results. The team members also bought a couple of binoculars to watch down to the other teams, since they’re small dots lost in the distance. Once again David Iglesias (114,9 pts.) gets the MVP of the Week thanks also to the best laptime in race and the second best laptime in qualify, being furthermore the only racer with more than 100 pts. per week so far. A very solid performance also for Simon Speth (108,2 pts.), while Michael Martin is still in search of the Scarlet Pimpernel Sergio Mendez on his way to Japan… Sayonara!
2. Although giving back the first place to TPC on the weekly standings, here comes another rock solid performance for the Drive to Survive guys, thanks in particular to the flying Maurice Klerken (103,2 pts.), that ending his week with two wins improves his already brilliant result in Most. While Amitesh Rao confirms his solid pace (95 pts.), the otherwise amazing Martin Faber (78,9 pts.) collects a shining “zero” after falling asleep before a race… Remember: be safe, don’t drive when you’re tired!
3. And it was another week of struggle for the 4Fun Sim Racing guys, between disconnections (no, not for Dario Bucalo, but – surprise surprise – for Matteo Venuti), server glitches and the perduring unavailabilty of Omer Kinay. Nevertheless, thanks in particular to the two second places of Venuti (that also got 4th and 5th place in the best laptimes standings, gathering total 100,17 pts.) and to the last minute win of Gianluca Roncaglia, the team was finally able to cling to the third place of the week and also in the General Standings. Will they be able to run for more in the last two weeks of the championship?
4. For the second consecutive week the gentlemen of the GentDrivers team are in the fourth place, but this time the placement is a bit painful since the Gent guys are dropping the overall third place in the General Standings. Once again Lars Mars (93,5 pts.) has the best performance for the team despite the loss of a couple of points in comparison with the previous week, while Tim Masson (87,5 pts.) had his best championship result so far. Unfortunately it was a troubled week for Abdon Socias, who collected almost 15 points less than last in Most, and also Roman Bisanz and Christopher Myles results are a bit under expectations. Anyway, the team is still fighting for a place on the overall podium, so be ready for two intense and challenging weeks!
5. Having ended all their Premium Whisky bottles (but being ready for a barbecue cooked from Chef Matteo Deambrogio), the Italia Racing Team guys showed sober racing this week and got back to good results in Kyalami despite some bad luck here and there on the track. Deambrogio and also Paolo and Stefano Del Grande improved his past week results (with a nice +11 for Stefano and Matteo). In search for a difficult but not impossible place on the podium, they are preparing to challenge their opponents on the last two weeks – but after dinner, of course.
6. It was a week of highs and lows for the PleasePushMe Simracing guys, that are anyway showing a rising star on the track! With another great week, and getting three wins out of his last seven races, Nicolò Bachetti is still climbing the SRS ranking and day by day proves to be fast and consistent on the track; Simone Pinto is also improving his performances despite some not-so-good results who affected his total score. Unfortunately, Stefano Casamonti ran out of fuel, had deflated tires and also lost his Cupra start key, so no races for him this week, but he will be back and in will of revenge in Okayama.
7. The last stand of the week this time goes to the Team Havoline guys. It was a week of bad luck for Michal Janak, who had to face a glitchy server start and some unwanted traffic jam in his two tries, getting anyway 93,5 total points. While Eduardo Odriozola slightly improved his last week performance, Juan Alberdi got a deadly -22 in comparison with last week due to a -3 in his first try. Nevertheless, they still have a chance to improve in the last two weeks of the championship. Good luck, and see you all in Okayama!
|2||Drive To Survive||92|
|3||4Fun Sim Racing||89|
|5||Italia Racing Team||83|
|2||Drive To Survive||74||86||99||92||3,33||351|
|3||4Fun Sim Racing||78||85||90||89||1,25||342|
|5||Italia Racing Team||73||91||75||83||0,33||322|