SRS Team Championship – Week 5 Report
The first edition of the the SRS Team Championship powered by 4Fun Sim Racing Team is entering the final straight! After a week of great battles in Okayama it’s now time for the last round in Nūrburgring, so let’s take a look at what happened in Week 5, and be prepared for some amazing stuff!
1. For the first time since the beginning of the Championship two teams are sharing the first place! With a total score of 105 TradePriceCars and Drive to Survive are equalized on the highest stand of the podium – be comfortable, there’s room for all of you -, and once again the DtS guys showed outstanding performances – as, of course, the TPC guys, but you will not be surprised hearing that. Simon Speth (115,6 pts.), thanks to his four wins and also the best laptimes in qualy and race, is the MVP of the Week, while David Iglesias (107,7 pts.) pays the duties to some unlucky races. Iglesias and Speth – respectively with 17 and 16 total wins – are also involved in a thrilling fight for the final win of the championship, so do not miss the last round and their amazing battle! Once again Michael Martin, although being consistent as usual, is missing the win, probably distracted in his perpetual search of Mr. Mystery Sergio Mendez – is he maybe already practicing in Nūrburgring? As for the DtS guys, Amitesh Rao experimented the upcoming team’s name, Cozy Couch Driving, and took a week of rest, while Maurice Klerken (an astounding 109 pts. for him) and Martin Faber (101 pts.) didn’t rest at all and drove like rockets throughout all the week on the track collecting a bunch of first places. Although the fight for the final Team Championship win seems to be over, the Surviving guys will surely fight until the last day in search of a miracle. (For MF: just in case, Gianluca Roncaglia should have some sleeping pills left.)
2. And – drumrolls – also in the second stand we have an ex aequo! With a total team score of 92 pts., GentDrivers and Italia Racing Team are perfectly paired, after a week where all the members of the two teams improved their performances. The Gents are involved in a challenging fight in the General Standings final placement with the 4Fun guys, and while gentleman Lars Mars (93,5 pts.) is still precise as a clock, gentlemen Roman Bisanz (97 pts.), Christopher Myles (93,5 pts.), Tim Masson (93 pts.), and Abdon Socias (81,5 pts.) are all getting their best week result so far, showing an overall consistency and trend to improvement. Solid gentlemen, indeed. And it was also a very good week for the IRT guys, that after running out of whisky and grilled sausages had more time to focus on races. Matteo Deambrogio grabs his best result so far with 96,5 pts, also a great performance from Paolo Del Grande, going for the first time over 90 points, results crowned with another solid week for Stefano Del Grande too. Congratulations, guys!
3. Watching with envy in their eyes the fights on the above places, the 4Fun Sim Racing guys kept a decent pace, also improving their last week team performance, but couldn’t do better than a fifth overall place, although still on the lowest step of the podium in the General Standings. Headlines for Dario Bucalo, that despite missing a possible win had a consistent pace throughout all the week and also his best result so far (+7 on his previously best performance, in Most). Another week of struggle for Matteo Venuti, that for the second time had to face a disconnection during a race, missing only a piece for an evidence of bad luck. However, 94,5 points for him thanks also to some fast laps, and 92,33 pts. (with a win) for Gianluca Roncaglia, while behind the scenes Omer Kinay sends postcards to his teammates and waits for his moment to come – not with the Cupra for sure but hopefully soon!
4. And it was also a very good week for the PleasePushMe Simracing guys, with an outstanding 109,5 pts. in total for Nicolò Bachetti (three wins and the top 5 laptimes both in qualy and in race for him). Bachetti confirms himself being on fire and pushing on the throttle like mad; also the team took advantage of the big improvements from Simone Pinto (+8 on his previous best result) and also from the brilliant comeback of Stefano Casamonti, for the first time over 80 points. Well done, guys!
5. Once again the last stand of the week is for the Team Havoline guys, despite their best result so far with 82 points. Great improvements for Juan Alberdi, that after a disappointing week in Kyalami was able to get 85 points, while Eduardo Odriozola confirms his last week performance. Also another solid week for Michal Janak, that showed a great consistency throughout all the series (98,5 pts. as a best and 93,5 pts. as a worst result). Good luck to all the teams, and see you in Nūrburgring for the final race!
|1||Drive To Survive||105|
|3||Italia Racing Team||92|
|5||4Fun Sim Racing||91|
|2||Drive To Survive||74||86||99||92||105||5,66||456|
|3||4Fun Sim Racing||78||85||90||89||91||1,5||433|
|5||Italia Racing Team||73||91||75||83||92||0,33||414|