SRS Team Championship – Final Report
And here we all are! The first edition of the the SRS Team Championship powered by 4Fun Sim Racing Team came to the end, and it’s time for fireworks and champagne celebrating the win of the TradePriceCars team! Hats off to David Iglesias, Simon Speth, Michael Martin and Sergio “Catch me if you can” Mendes, who dominated from first to last week the competition – only with an interlude in the third round – and are now preparing to get back to their origin planet since they undoubtedly proved to be aliens. Although already known for being among the fastest racers on SRS (and not only on SRS), the TPC guys showed an overall strenght and consistency almost beyond their capabilites (if there is a limit in their capabilites, which is uncertain), getting also the first, the second and the sixth stand (respectively with Iglesias, Speth and Martin) in the overall championship rankings. So, congratulations to the German-Spanish-British team and let’s see what happened in the last racing week in Nürburgring, who is standing in the lower steps of the podium and the overall final rankings!
1) The TradePriceCars ended for the fifth time in six rounds over 100 team points, with a monster performance of David Iglesias, who thanks to his three wins in three races and the best lap both in qualy and race gets the maximum of available individual points (!), 117, and is of course the MVP of the Week. Simon Speth (109,83 pts.) ended with another great performance, followed by Michael Martin (95 pts.) with his usual solid results, although always on the run in search of Captain Kirk Sergio Mendez, who was probably on the Enterprise spaceship, ready to teleport his fellow mates on board before getting back to the stars. Kudos, and once again, congratulations!
2) Second week and overall place, absolutely deserved, for the Drive to Survive guys, who once again proved to be an outstanding team, even if when sleeping, and also capable to change the law (see the new “Faber rule” in the Regulation section for further information). Headlines for Amitesh Rao, who although not improving his best result (also due to an unlucky disconnection while being second during a race) grabbed his first win; while Maurice Klerken (108,8 pts.) and Martin Faber (105,8 pts.) confirmed their amazing results piling up win after win and also getting the third and fourth place in the overall standings of the championship. The Dutch guys are building their own spaceship – the “Couch Death Star” – on their way to become aliens, and Maurice Klerken also celebrated this magnificent championship drinking a glass of diet soda with a slice of lemon. Cheers!
3) In the end, the 4Fun Sim Racing were able to get the lowest step of the podium despite a week of absence for, of course, Omer Kinay and also for Dario Bucalo, busy on modding his new liveries and also making liveries for his new mods. Anyway, with one win each Gianluca Roncaglia (98,25 pts., his best result in the series) and Matteo Venuti (90 pts.) could guarantee the third place both in the week and in the overall ranking to the team (also fifth and seventh place in the overall rankings), although Venuti did only race once since Venuti, as Paganini, never repeats. A good result for the organizing team, waiting for the second season and for the comeback of Kinay on his favorite Nissan Primera. Beware the sleeping Kinay in the grass!
4) In the final rush the gentlemen of GentDrivers could only get a fifth place in the round, and although the very little gap from the 4Fun team (5 points) ended the championship off the podium in fourth place. As usual, solid and consistent results for the Gents, that also got a win thanks to Roman Bisanz (101,5 pts. for him), with Tim Masson (93,5 pts.) getting his best result on the last week. Also good performances and good pace for Lars Mars (92 pts.) and Christopher Myles (92,5 pts., who confirmed his improvement trend), with a slight decrease for Abdon Socias (77 pts.) also due to a couple of unlucky races. We look forward to see you back on the track, so, gentlemen, start your engines!
5) And it was also a good championship ending for the Italia Racing Team guys, grabbing the fourth place in the round and the overall fifth. Once again good results for Matteo Deambrogio (93,5 pts.), that although not improving his past week total score gets a second place, and a solid 90 pts. for Stefano Del Grande, while Paolo Del Grande spent his week on buying meat to grill and a bunch of spirit bottles for all the team and consequently didn’t race. Hey, let us know when you’re doing the barbecue, and please reserve us a seat!
6) The sixth week stand goes then to the Team Havoline guys, which are also confirmed in sixth place in the general standings, with the usual rock solid results for Michal Janak (once again 98,5 pts., also a win for him) and the improvements of Eduardo Odriozola (75,2 pts.), while Juan Alberdi had to face some do-it-yourself load cell brake pedal issues – maybe he and Dario Bucalo should consider doing a Modding Freaks team – and lost 7 points from his previous week result. Better luck next time, be prepared for the new challenge sto come!
7) The PleasePushMe Simracing guys confirmed the seventh place both in week and final rankings. Nicolò Bachetti shows once again his rising star status ending the week with two wins and also getting a qualy laptime bonus (98,4 pts. for him), while Simone Pinto and Stefano Casamonti (a deadly -6 in a race for him) had to face some difficulties although showed some good performances throughout the week. We’re ready to push you once again, guys, so see you on the track!
So, that’s all, folks! Thanks to all the teams and the team members who joined this Team Championship, we hope it was a funny experience and wait you all for the next season coming.
See you all on the track!
|2||Drive To Survive||103|
|3||4Fun Sim Racing||94|
|4||Italia Racing Team||92|
|2||Drive To Survive||74||86||99||92||105||103||8||559|
|3||4Fun Sim Racing||78||85||90||89||91||94||2||527|
|5||Italia Racing Team||73||91||75||83||92||92||0,33||506|